- How much is it to adopt a dog? Do I get insurance included?
- To adopt a dog it is £130 and £150 for a puppy. You do get 4 weeks free Pet Plan, all dogs have been treated for fleas and worms, microchipped to you, neutered (if male) and all adult dogs have had at least 1 vaccine. All female dogs will go out with a voucher for neutering if they haven’t already been done. Puppies will also be fully vaccinated and microchipped. All fees paid will be helping all dogs at both homes.
- Do you take dogs in to be rehomed? If so, is there a waiting list?
- Manchester and Cheshire Dogs’ Home do take in public re-home dogs that have as a private handover. If you are looking to rehome your dog; you will need to contact us, at either Manchester or Cheshire, by telephone on 0844 504 1212. Please be aware that we need you to be 100% truthful about your dogs’ past, this will allow us when re-homing to find a suitable new family. Also, please be aware that not all dogs will be accepted to be rehomed at our Homes’. There is a fee of £20 to rehome your dog with us.
- Do I need an appointment to come and have a look round?
- Currently we are closed to the public completely due to COVID-19
- Usually there is no appointment needed! Open 1-5pm Monday to Saturday then 1-4pm on a Sunday for both Homes.
- Are the dogs good with other animals? For example. Cats, Reptiles, Rabbits, Chickens.
- All dogs are different, some of our dogs may have lived with such animals which would be specified on the paperwork when looking at the dogs. Other dogs come in as a stray, so there may be no available history.
- I heard that you offer neutering, how much is it?
- Neutering is available for male and female dogs, the prices do vary depending on the weight and gender of the dog:
Under 10KG- £42.00
25KG plus – £72.00
Under 10KG- £69.00
25KG plus – £99.00
Buster collars are available for £5.00, if you call the Dogs’ Home directly then you will be able book an appointment.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call on 0844 504 1212